Safety in pressure vessels
Pressure vessels such as steam boilers present potential risks to personnel as well as property. Therefore, safety is of primary concern in the operation of steam and pressure boilers. Newer technologies with greater complexities require regular inspections and sustained compliance to statutory requirements.
TÜV SÜD provides knowledge services in third party design verifications and inspections of complex engineering systems, especially for the chemical and petrochemical industries.
The steam and pressure engineering inspection services for pressure equipment include:
- API 510 Boiler / Pressure Vessel Inspection
- API 570 Pipelines Inspection
- API 580 / 581 Risk Based Inspection
- API 653 Storage Tank Inspection
- Control of major accident hazards (Hazard analysis(HAZOP, fault-tree analysis, impact assessment and plant-specific explosion protection solutions)
- Design verifications/examinations
- Failure Analysis, damage investigations and expert opinions
- Material quality verification and testing
- Monitoring inspection of construction and assembly
- Testing and PE (Professional Engineer) certification
- Third party inspection & certification for ASME/ PED requirements