About the course
The Automotive Core Tools are the building blocks of an effective quality management system. They include Advanced Product Quality Planning & Control Plan (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
TÜV SÜD provides a four days training workshop on Core Tools which comprises of New Harmonized FMEA (AIAG VDA), MSA, SPC, APQP and PPAP. This course helps participants to achieve Internal or Second Party Auditor competence to meet IATF 16949:2016 requirements and comply with IATF 16949:2016 Certification requirements. This training program focuses on in-depth awareness and knowledge on New Harmonized AIAG VDA FMEA, Basics of DFMEA & PFMEA, Changes with respect to old FMEA. It also provides an understanding on how process flows, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans and shop floor documentation are inter-linked and used to achieve process standardization and improvement. It focuses on PPAP and PSW bases the requirements of IATF 16949 and the FMEA Manual along with the basic concepts of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Understand application of Automotive Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC & FMEA)
- Understand the importance and necessity of APQP & PPAP to meet customer requirements
- Conduct FMEA in your organization as per new harmonized AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook
- Perform basic MSA & SPC studies in your organization
- Add value in Production/Manufacturing Services through effective implementation of the core tools
Course content / outline
DAY 1: APQP / PPAP
ADVANCED PRODUCT QUALITY PLANNING (APQP)
- Product Quality Planning Cycle
- Fundamentals of Product Quality Planning
- Phases of APQP
- Phase 1 – Plan & Define program
- Phase 2 – Product Design & Development
- Phase 3 – Process Design & Development
- Phase 4 – Product & Process Validation
- Phase 5 – Feedback, Assessment & Corrective action
- Inputs & outputs of each phase
Production part approval process
- Introduction of PPAP & Purpose
- Significant production run
- Requirements for part approval
- Situations when, PPAP validation, customer notification & Submission required.
- PPAP submission levels
DAY 2: NEW HARMONIZED AIAG VDA FMEA
- FMEA Concept for understanding
- FMEA Team Formation and Management Commitment, Scope of FMEA
- New 7 Step Approach in FMEA
- FMEA requirement in IATF 16949:2016
- Understanding of Severity, Occurrence & Detection Rankings
- Action Priority & Risk Optimization (AP table)
- Risk Documentation
- Process FMEA Example & Design FMEA Example
Day 3: MEASUREMENT SYSTEM ANALYSIS (MSA)
- Basic concepts & definitions
- MSA Requirement in IATF 16949:2016
- Statistical properties of Measurement systems
- Preparation for a Measurement Study
- Bias Study
- Linearity Study
- Stability Study
- Gauge Repeatability & Reproducibility Study
- Attribute MSA – Kappa Method
Day 4: STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL (SPC)
- Basic Definitions
- Process Control, Common & Special Cause
- Process Control & Process Capability
- Process Improvement Cycle
- Effective use & benefit of control chart
- SPC Requirement in IATF 16949
- Basics, Elements and Mechanics of Control Charts
- Elements and mechanics of control charts
- Variable control charts
- Attribute control charts
- Process Capability Improvement
Who should attend?
Design Engineers, Process Engineers, New Product Development Team Member, Quality Assurance Engineers/ Supervisors/ In charge, IATF Internal or Second Party Auditors, Process Auditors, Supply Chain Personnel, Production Personnel, Quality Control, Laboratory and Quality Personnel.
4 (FOUR) FULL DAYS
Qualification test of 50 marks will be conducted.
TÜV SÜD South Asia will issue completion certificates to participants who score a minimum of 70% marks bases their performance in the Learning Check (Test). Participants scoring less marks, will receive a participation certificate.
Contact us for enquiries
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at email@example.com or call +632 8 687 5673.