Incidents can disrupt an organization at any time and applying ISO 22301 will ensure that organizations can respond and continue its operations. Incidents take many forms ranging from large scale natural disasters and acts of terror to technology-related accidents and environmental incidents. However, most incidents are small but can have a significant impact and that makes business continuity management relevant at all times. This has led to a global awareness that organizations in the public and private sectors must know how to prepare for and respond to unexpected and disruptive incidents.
This two-day course gives a brief introduction and overview to the requirements of ISO 22301:2012 BCM. The main emphasis of this course is to provide the knowledge and skills for participants to plan and perform effective internal audits on the ISO 22301:2012. This will enable internal auditors to report audit findings clearly and undertake effective follow-up audit on corrective actions taken so as to ensure continual improvement.
Note: The purpose of the training ensures a comprehensive transfer of knowledge and understanding of internal audit process based on ISO 22301:2012 requirements.
- Introduction and background to Business Continuity Management
- Fundamentals of Societal Security – Business Continuity Management System, and overview of ISO 22301:2012 requirements
- ISO 22301 BCM Framework
- Reviewing the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Model
- Scope of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
- Leadership, Planning, and Support
- Operation – BIA, BC Strategy, BC Procedures, Exercising and Testing
- Performance Evaluation & Improvement
- Audit Process Overview
- Management System Audit
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Formulating Checklist
- Conducting the Audit, and Audit Reporting & Follow-Up
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Managers, Advanced IT & Quality Professionals, Management Representatives, Internal Auditors, Business Continuity Management & Team Members involved in organization-wide Business Continuity Management implementation, testing and exercising, assessment and evaluation of plans periodically. This course is also suitable for any Managers or Executives in Organizations providing essential services.
2 Days, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Training Schedule 2018 [ PDF 427 kB ]
Online Registration Form